matchday, image by nic jience

matchday, image by nic jience

Saturday 19 September 2015

David Beckham "Heartbroken" to hear than his son will not commit to football



David Beckham father of 3 sons with two of them playing at the Arsenal academy (Romeo and Brooklyn) came out to say he was heartbroken after hearing one of his sons was reluctant to commit to football because of the pressure associated with being the son of the former Manchester United legend and England captain, as he told ABC News, via Eurosport:

One of my boys turned around to me the other day, he said,

"Daddy, you know, I'm not sure I want to play football all the time."

It broke my heart a little bit. He said, "Every time that I step onto the field, I know people are saying, you know, 'This is David Beckham's son,' and if I'm not as good as you, then it's not good enough."

I said, "Okay, stop right there. ... You play because you want to play."

David Beckham did not make clear which of his three sons made the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment