matchday, image by nic jience

matchday, image by nic jience

Sunday 7 June 2015

FiFA Corruption - Morocco Won the 2010 world cup not South Africa and Mourinho case

For the first time, an official from FIFA has suggested that Russia and Qatar could lose the 2018 and 2022 World Cups if it is proven that bribes and kickbacks helped them to secure the hosting rights. The Telegraph

" If evidence exists that Qatar and Russia received the (World Cup) awards only thanks to bribes, then the awards could be annulled. However, this evidence has not been provided so far. " Said Domenico Scala to Swiss newspaper

Former FIFA executive committee member Ismail Bhamjee allegedly said that Morocco won the 2010 vote

 Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho has today waded into the FIFA crisis by suggesting that he may have been the victim of corruption when he lost out to Vincent del Bosque for the FIFA World Coach of the Year award, in 2012.  The Telegraph

"In 2012, I was one of the three finalists and when I was told I was finishing second with a few votes behind the first, it looked normal to me. But then the votes were made public. And my former player, a national team captain, called me, 'Mister, there is something wrong. Because obviously, obviously, I gave you the vote, then in the list they put another coach's name and that was not me."

A few minutes later my Portuguese friend, a national team coach, called me, 'Mister, don't believe what you see in the list because obviously I vote for you'. And a few minutes later I got a message from another national coach, 'they changed my vote'. Who changed the vote? His federation? FIFA? Who?    Said Jose Mourinho.

No comments:

Post a Comment